While consulting with your EAP should be the first-line step when it comes to mental health in the workplace, we know there is a lot of other information available online. We’ve gathered a collection of resources that can be of value to HR managers and small business owners as they work to ensure their employees stay healthy and happy.
Depression Cost Calculator. Depression affects more than 16 million Americans and is the leading cause of disability worldwide, costing the U.S. economy $210.5 billion per year in absenteeism, reduced productivity and medical costs. How much is it costing your company?
Alcohol Cost Calculator. Alcohol is the most widely used drug in the United States: over 8% of employed adult workers and almost 11% of adults with Medicaid or no health insurance either abuse or are dependent on alcohol. Use this calculator to help estimate the human and economic consequences of alcohol problems in your company.
Substance Abuse Cost Calculator. Approximately 15% of Americans 12 years or older have used illegal drugs in the past year and approximately 6 million have used prescription pain medications non-medically. Substance use disorders cost the nation an estimated $276 billion a year.
ADA Accommodation Information
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Workplace Mental Health Resources. Includes case studies and strategy tips.
- State Agencies Worksite Health Information and Tools. Guidance and tools from states’ health departments.
- How to Create a Workplace that Supports Mental Health. Forbes magazine article with lots of tips and ideas.
- Mental Health in Tech. Downloadable, pay-as-you-like guidelines specifically for employers and HR in the technology sector.
- IMAlive. Mental health crisis support via instant messaging system.
- Crisis Text Line. Mental health crisis support via text messaging.